Wednesday, December 23, 2020

We Have Mimi Sue to Thank For Today's Reminder - It's All Blurring Together At This Point. Glamis on the Alter of Christmas

I totally forgot. I got into the routine of home life before the chaos, before realizing there really won't be any chaos this year, unless I create it. Actually, at 6 pm a white truck pulled in the driveway and I first thought, "Oh, Amazon is driving Jeeps now," but it turned out to be Shirles who was driving around Connecticut handing out Christmas cards. She had visited McKenzie, her daughter, and is soon to be a proud grandma.

Shirley also said that Jack was in the car, and I said, "Why not bring him in so the dogs can play?" 

They did. They ran circles around the snow banks, sniffed every inch of the ground together, and even did a smacking bird impression by trying to run through the closed glass door. 

THUD.

I imagine Jack has an egg on his head this morning.

The conversation on the 1st floor caused Chitunga to come downstairs, as it's been so quiet. Mt. Pleasant hasn't seen guests in ages. I'm with everyone else. I can't wait for all this to lift. We want it to be normal, but the reality is it can't be right now, unless we want to roll the die. Better safe than sorry has always worked out for me.

As Shirley left and packed up Jack, Glamis climbed in her window and put on her "How much is the doggie in the window" display. I don't see this too often, as I'm usually inside not paying attention....but to passer-bys and walkers, she really does look majestic. No wonder people pull up before our house and stare. She looks like a holiday display.

Okay, hump day. Time for the humpty dance isn 3...2...1

I would have totally missed today's post; I guess last night I got preoccupied watching the SNL Christmas special that I forgot to log in. In my head, I was still putting plates together....But that was two days ago.

2020 has dissolved into one giant blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment