Saturday, December 26, 2020

Let There Be Light! I Didn't Know It at the Time, But I've Really Been in the Dark. Chitunga to the Rescue (with a Perfect Christmas Gift)

1. I should say that we are on 24 hours of a Star Wars marathon, watching them not in the order they were made but in the order of the story. It's so comical to get to the "4th" one (when it was originally the 1st). Cinematography has come so far, but the genius behind the entire series is simply epic.

2. The Holiday brunch was a success, as were the brisket sandwiches that came twice, later on (so good with perogies).

3. Tunga and I did the swap in the morning, and I'm beyond delighted by the fact that he had the insight, brilliance, to buy a light for the garage. It's so simple, so necessary, and something I never thought to do since moving into Mt. Pleasant. Instead, I run inside to get my cellphone so I can get a light for the darkness. You'd think I'd do something so easy, but nope. Perhaps that is why getting the light was the perfect gift. Now, I can just flick it on. In fact, I went to the garage often throughout the day to turn the light on and off. Just because I could. 

4. No desserts. 

5. Brisket on rolls with perogies. I'm telling you. 

6. The sunset was delicious last night, and I said to Tunga, "I don't think I've ever chilled out and relaxed so much in my own house. Usually, I'm on the go, go, go, and when I get a break, I'm heading to Syracuse, so I don't ever treat my house like, well, a house. To say I sat almost 14-hours watching Star Wars is something Mt. Pleasant has't experienced before.

7. Phew, Star Wars 1977 was ahead of its time, but so antiquated. It's funny actually, but I know why I had all the Star Wars toys as a child. 

8. I missed my mom's 'fuck yeah' cookies.

9. That sunset, though. 

10. And the holidays are over. Safe, calm, wonderful, and joyous...very thankful to have what I have and to share what I can. Now, it is time to say good-bye to this sabbatical shenanigan I had and to pay attention to the impossible chaos of the work. 

And just like that I'm off again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment