Thursday, December 31, 2020

Hiking Out of 2020 With Mr. King, Wondering How We Might Channel Legolas & Rey Who Apparently Can Walk Atop the Trees

Disclaimer: Come back here tomorrow for directions for 2021. I never sit still, and this will likely be true this time on January 1st, too.

Yesterday, however, Jessica Baldizon, Chitunga, William King, and I met in Shelton to go for a hike which, I assumed to be an hour, but Tunga led the way so it lasted 3 hours, we climbed up and down hills, traveled to lakes, leaped waterfalls, and shook hands with the Ents. William and I spent most of the time trying to figure out how Jessica and Chitunga's little legs moved so much faster than our own. We walked the same pace, it seemed, but every time we looked up the two of them were further ahead. It was insane. We also wondered, "Why don't they stop to take in all this beauty? It's such a marvelous place to meditate and be one with he outdoor world?"

Nope. We climbed and we ascended....enough so, that I was soaked upon the return. It was a good work out and a great way to tip our hats to the 2020 year. The hardest part of all of this has been not getting together with usual folks The two of them had a rough start with it all, and Tunga and I are pretty much nerds who don't really need to be out in public. So, when the arrangements were made to hike, we were all in.

It also paid off that two nights ago I ordered Italian food in and the portions were enormous. We each are getting 3 meals out of it (and I'm thinking it's economical, as it ends up being cheaper in the long run - like $6 a meal, one head of a delicious meal extended over 3 days). 

And here we are upon the corner of 2020 and 2021, and I can say that once again I've made my resolution of 365 days of daily thinking a success. Hard to believe I'm about to head to the 14th year. At this point, it's sort of customary to blog everyday - it's like breathing and I imagine it's something I won't depart with any time soon.

The link to 2021 can be found here: https://customarycrandall.blogspot.com

Be good to yourselves today. I'm not optimistic about 2021, but it's got to be a happier new year than before.





No comments:

Post a Comment