Sunday, December 6, 2020

Jeronicus and Journey Jangle are Definitely in for the Crandall Holiday Tradition. So Glad I Watched. The Magic of Willy Wonka, Grinch, Steam Punk & Emmet Otter


...with a lot of WIZ. First of all, I never really pay attention to costuming because I don't get fashion, but the one thing that struck me about Jingle Jangle was the absolutely fabulous, Afro-punk-esque costumes as the new Christmas tradition brought forward new music, new rhythms, old school musical styles, and most of all - GOOD OL' CHRISTMAS MAGIC.

Believe. Hope. 

The square root of impossible is possible in me...because we believe.

I was sold. 

My mother wasn't as enthused, but it was a Saturday night and it could have been the Days of Our Lives season finale and she would have been bored and fallen asleep. Bah Humbug on her.

Shuri has met the holiday traditions. All love for lil' Journey and her brilliance. Not only is she intelligent, but she's a healer, a connector, and a bridge. We need more of those young people.

And I loved hearing Mrs. Huxtable tell the grandchildren the entire tale, and then the jump into puppetry, history, possibility, tomorrow, and another story we can share with the children of the world to hold science, invention, dreams, and magic at the forefront. 

The magic isn't what you lost; it is in what you still have. 

There's always a criminal, a need for change, an importance of reinvention, and the beauty of animation. In the end, however, the authentic wins. All that is fake disappears (Poof. Bye Bye). Truth wins. Dreams win. Love wins. That is the history of the world, no matter how many monsters want to take it away. 

And, culturally, this was extra-spectacular. I got the the same feeling when viewing the musicals Hamilton & The Color Purple. This will be on my radar as 'that which should be viewed' yearly (I don't get too much, but I will get to this). I now see what the hype was about. 

I can't wait to rewatch...sing along...and perhaps even dance.

Every thing that was stolen. Every thing that was stolen. Every thing that was stolen.

It will take more than magic. It will taken intelligence and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment