Monday, December 14, 2020

I'm Back in Connecticut, But Am Looking to the Skies to Give Me Grace and Possibilities. Hoping the Best for Everyone

This morning, I am the fortunate recipient of more dental work, and once again I can say my mouth is worth more than I am. I left Syracuse at 10 a.m. and made great time finishing more audio books and thinking about childhood, college, Kentucky, and my life now in Connecticut. I figured the drive was going to be more emotional than it was, but it was somewhat calming - even hearing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer again and feeling sort of thankful. When I left, Dad wasn't feeling very well, and I anticipated he'd have a day of sleeping...which he did, although he reported feeling better at night.

Now, I need to lay back for two weeks in CT, just in case. 

Chitunga and I went for a long walk, and then decided we'd also walk to get dinner. This followed with a bonfire he put together which carried us into the later hours of the evening. He's such a recluse, and I know that when he wants to be together it's important to be together. I love the kid to the n-teenth degree. 

Glamis was also super excited to have me home, and I didn't think she was ever going to leave my side. Wherever I was, she wanted to be in my lap, although she did take temporary breaks on the dog bed which I returned from Syracuse - one I left there earlier in the year. 

Edem had the night off and I got to catch up with the Amazon-crazy of the holiday season, and simply to enjoy my tree and lights. Of all things, I had clam chowder at the local restaurant (as it was the special) and it was outstanding. I only wish I could mail a bowl to my dad, as that seemed to have been his go to lunch meal the past 14 days. 

All in all, it's looking up to the sky in hopes of calm, ease, and serenity. When Chitunga and I finished our walk, we looked up and said, "Wow. The sky is on fire." Neighbors were out photographing it, too. "Ah," I said to Chitunga, "But you didn't see the night that Syracuse actually saw blue sky and a little sun. I captured that, too." 

Phew. It feels good to be home, but that's where I've been for the last couple of weeks, as well. My heart is in both places.

No comments:

Post a Comment