Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Just a Post to Share How Thankful I Am for @bookdealerSusan - She's Not Only a The Book Dealer...She's a Giver and I Appreciate It

For a few years now, Dr. Susan James of Pensacola has been my right hand everything. We met in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and bonded over a love of young adult literature and a passion for writing instruction. We simply hit it off, and when she got a National Writing Project site up and running in Western Florida, I became a big brother, and she became another sister. It's not only been academia for us, and leadership, it's been the life thing, too: family, hope, over-committing, the drive to please as many as we can, and the innate tendency to always be on the lookout for others.

This time, Susan was on the lookout for me. 

When I returned from Syracuse, Tunga said, "Suz sent a large package," and I responded, "It's probably for you." Actually, it was for us - a lifetime supply of Moose Munch. Dang. That stuff is lethal. She sent David's cookies for Tunga's 25th, and also made sure I got copies of two books she said, you need to read. Of course, I also had to get the Frog reading to frog sculpture for the phone - that was a birthday gift a few years back. Coming home to this instantly put joy into the air....

...hope...

...love...

...which also came with my research assistant who has not left my side... 

...Glamis... 

She follows me wherever I go and peers over my computer screen all day long to make sure I'm not going anywhere and won't leave again. It's sort of funny, even if it is a little annoying. I always feel guilty that I'm neglecting her during the day as I write, edit, process data, and formalize. Her set of eyes are always overlooking my shoulder...(well, computer screen)...

...sort of like my Pelican friend in Florida.

We need reminders in our daily lives that we are loved from afar, as much as we are loved within our homes.

And so I'm writing this today to simply say, "Dr. James...you quickly became VIP to me over the years, helping me to stay sane when I feel like I'm on the brink of insanity."

Thank you. 

Today's another day with new challenges and the potential for even crazier. I know, however, that when it hits, I have a redheaded friend a phone-call or text message away.

I am the Goober, always, and you are the Doobie-Doo. We have the Great Whatever that made that possible.

Elephant Shoe.

Hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment